Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ode To My Cousin Barbara Ellen Littleton

Ode To Barbara Ellen Moses Littleton……My First Cousin…My Friend……My cousin Little Barb,passed away yesterday after a 8 year battle with Non Hodgkin Lymphoma……A battle she fought bravely & courageously …….We grew up together..our Mommy’s were sisters….my Mother Elizabeth Ellen & her Mommy Barbara Doris…..they were only 2 years apart & Barb & I a mere 1 month apart in age……She would spend Summers & Christmas Time with us…..her Late Father….My Uncle George Moses….hailed from the Ohio/West Virgina area…..So that is where her Family settled in……our Family was in Delaware….As children we fought like sisters….played like sisters….but always having a loving spirit for each other….As adults….we also had our disagreements & a close close bond…….we spoke almost everyday…..talking about her illness & childhood memories…..so many enchanting times..we had together…..beach trips to Wildwood,Cape May & Lake Como…..I told her that I forgave her for painting my arm & breaking my toy princess phone ; ) & she forgave me for pushing her out of my bed as children……one memory that I never did remember…..I think she made this one up Lol……She grew up as a only child…..so I was like her sister/cousin…..she came out to California a few times once my Family moved here…..also she came to Temecula..when we first moved here…..she had quite a knowledge for antiques……depression glass etc…..In May my sisters & I went back East ( Delaware ) to visit her & our other Family back there…..We had a great time visiting Amish country in PA & visiting our Grandparents home…..the above pic shows us in front of their home ( former ) 127 Brighton Avenue ,Brack Ex.We also had a great lunch /dinner at one of our favorites places to eat…since childhood……Mrs Robino’s a Delaware landmark…..We were blessed to have gotten together for a mini reunion of sorts…..with ” The Kraus’s a crazy & loving group of people….So many laughs…..stories & tears…..I was hoping to have gone back……to see her……But she was called home on March 1st 2013……at 12:45 eastern time…….So now I will cherished our memories together from childhood through our 57 years together…….Rejoicing that she is now in her eternal life…..with our Family who left before & most importantly……Little Barb….My <3 is sad…….but our memories will sustain me……Until we are reunited in HIS Holy Present…Together …….I Love You…Your Cousin Maggie XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...