Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Roots...My Home...My Childhood


Home Sweet Home…..My Roots…..My Heart….My Childhood Home…….Yes here it is my Childhood Home 132 Somers Avenue,Swanwyck Estates,New Castle Delaware 19720…A Glimpse Down Memory Lane…..Our Sweet Little Home…..A Ranch Style 1950’s house….our Parents Pride & Joy….3 bedrooms,1 bathroom,a kitchen,a huge laundry room/pantry….and a ample backyard….big enough for running through sprinklers,planting sunflowers & watermelon…such memories occupy my mind on days like this….I can still hear the sound of my sisters,Barbara & Rhonda playing their 45’s on our record player….The Supreme’s.Four Tops.Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons,Martha & The Vandellas,The Beatles & My Favorite Mitch Miller….( School Days My First 45 ) my Mother bought it for me to prepare me for 1st grade ( no kindergarten back then ) Oh lets not forget my sister Barb..rollers in her hair….practicing her dance moves…holding on to the door knob….and dancing away….for the school dance that night…oh how fun :0 Oh & my school Colwyck Elementary….I went there from first grade thru 5th …until our move out West…: ( So sad to leave our extended Family…But a new life & new memories & always trips back home……Delaware always in my <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...