Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

All About Me

This is a pic of myself sitting on the lap of my Grams.....Barbara Marie Kraus Brittingham...As you can see by the pic I was already a gal of many hats.....and I have continued my hat wearing.....I was born July 22 1955 in New Castle Delaware...yes a child of the 50's 60's & 70's......grew up in Delaware until 11 years old...then our move out West to California...the golden state......Growing up in Delaware was enchanting......4 seasons......Winter,Spring,Summer & Autumn.....snow,springtime flowers,lightning bugs & rustling leaves.....ahhhhh.....magical it was....a time of innocence.....children being children.....no electronic devices......no sitting watching TV.......just good old fashion outdoor fun.....yes in the snow....sun & rain.....running through sprinklers.....building snowmen.....chasing butterflies....fireflies....backyard carnivals.....koolaid stands....trips to Cape May,Wildwood & Lake Como......so much excitement.....For a little girl named Magdalena....I actually was given the name " Maggie " from my childhood friend Marlene Reno.....when I was about 5 years old.....can you imagine growing up in Delaware with the name Magdalena......so Maggie was okay.....I have actually grown to appreciate my birth name Magdalena.....so pretty.....so elegant....the name my Daddy gifted me with....Fast forward......many years ahead......now I am a Wife,Mommy & a Nana.....my greatest title ever.....also a Gram...GG...Grammy...& a Gramma....depending on what granddaughter I am with.....I hold each title with such endearment.....So whatever.....hat I wear.....the hat that fits me best is Nana,Gram,GG & Gramma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...