Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home……I was born in Delaware…..First State Of The Union…..2nd smallest state…Rhode Island being the first….George Washington crossed the Delaware River…..Home of the Blue Rocks ( baseball team ) and yeah TAX FREE shopping……Growing up in Delaware was enchanting…..we got to enjoy the 4 Seasons…..not the Music Group…..but we did listen to their music & so enjoyed it……But Winter,Spring,Summer & Fall…..oh how I so loved the Autumn time…..rustling leaves…..the changing of the leaves from green to hue’s of reds,yellows,orange & brown…..crunching the leaves…with my feet…..apple picking at my Aunt Peggy’s & Uncle Jerry ( RIP ) …….Apple Cider & Ginger Snaps…..at our neighborhood park….Also the Harvest Festival at Colwyck Elementary…..( my school ) …..Such excitement…..Wintertime……Snow Days……building snowmen…..ice skating…..sledding…..hot cocoa…..Though the Winters were not so much fun for my Father….snow chains..icy roads…..snow shoveling….& my Mother…taking snow suits off of 3 little girls……hands & frost bitten fingers…..running them under warm water…….But oh how I loved the snow…..Springtime……New Life…..Blooming Flowers & Butterflies….Now onto Summer……Water ices…..running through sprinklers…..lightning bugs ( fire flies ) backyard circuses…lemonade stands…..oh such JOY……Going to the shore…..Wildwood……Cape May…….& Rehoboth….Belly Busters ( Hamburgers ) Salt Water Taffy……Oh the Boardwalks……Staying at my Aunt Peggy’s cottage…….crabbing……then my Aunt Peggy…..boiling the crabs……Yummy…..Enchanting It Was…….Home Sweet Delaware……Always In My Heart……Oh our Delaware….Our Beloved Delaware…….My Roots…..My Heart…..My Home…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...