Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Simple Sunday Splendor.....

Sunday evening the first day of the week.....A day of rest,worship,relaxing & reflecting. Today was a busy day for the Hubs & I ,as we are in the process of fixing up the backyard for Summer...BBQ,Swimming & Family Time.Gazebo,umbrella's & new plants,new pool towels ( last years have disappeared ) & I sure this years towels,will vanish too.  When I was a child Sunday's always meant pancakes.....always made by my Daddy & he indeed became famous for his cakes......Good old AJ mix.....but he must of did something a little different.....since everyone loved his pancakes.....me not so much....so he always made me silver dollar pancakes.....no syrup for me....I didn't like the soggy texture....so I enjoyed them dry.But over time I have learned to savor the taste of a old fashion pancake,syrup & all. The picture above,with all the old fashion people enjoying the day...always captured my mind as a child....this picture/painting was displayed in my art class,as a child back home in New Castle.I used to stare & imagine what all the people were doing & thinking......In retrospect,I now think they were all enjoying their Sunday afternoon in the park....So as my Sunday winds down......I will continue to count my blessings & prepare for the new week......Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...