Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Its almost Autumn.......


My favorite time of the year......Autumn time........As one can see I love Autumn......the cooler days......time for baking......making soups......especially Chicken & Dumplings......My Aunt Mary Ann......posted our Families recipe for Chicken & Dumplings for us all to enjoy......East Coast.....meets West Coast.......simmering on our stoves.......All of my late Mother's side all still reside on the Eastern Seaboard......Delaware ,Maryland & PA to be exact & if you were fortunate enough to grow up on the East Coast......Autumn time was stunning.......and you knew that Chicken & Dumplings......would be at the dinner table......through Autumn & Winter.......Chicken & Dumplings seem to be a Sunday meal.......on the East Coast......and oh so scrumptious.....down to the last bite.....Apple picking was also a part of childhood......Aunt Peggy & Uncle Jerry ( RIP ) had their very own apple tree in their backyard & once the apples dropped off.....we were all there to retrieve them......a trick Uncle Jerry would play on us.....to see who could pick up the most apples......My heart is still in Delaware.....so many enchanting memories......ahhhh the 4 seasons......enjoyed each one.....with gusto.......But California is now my home........but Delaware will always be a part of my essence.......my being.......my childhood......PS September 17th was my Gram's Birthday......Happy Birthday To My Gram's.....Missing you & loving you always.....Thank you for making Chicken & Dumplings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...